Perithori, one of the largest villages in the area, is situated on the eastern slopes of Mount Mavro Vouno (Black Mountain), 10 km southwest of Nevrokopi at an altitude of 580 m. It has been declared a traditional settlement and it has a keen activity in maintaining traditions and culture. Here we can visit the post-Byzantine church of Agios Nikolaos which was built in 1835, and is decorated with brick crosses on the outside and an impressive bell tower built in 1911. It is one of the oldest dated monuments of the basin area. Another church of historical and artistic interest is that of Zoodochos Pigi (Life-giving Spring), built in 1876, with icons made by the iconographer of the 19th century, Stergios Georgiadis. The depiction of the divine eye on the roof refers to influences from the workshops of Mount Athos, where this local artist and prominent figure of the Greek community of Nevrokopi studied. Τhe divine liturgies of the period around August 15 are performed in this church.
In the area of Perithori there is a large part of the METAXAS LINE made up of the fortification complexes PARTALOUSKA (where the well-known film with the actor Kostas Prekas was shot), MALIAGA and PERITHORI.
Above the Community of Perithori dominates the hill of Agios Konstantinos and the legendary fortress of PERITHORI which bravely and courageously confronted the German attack of 1941. In honor of the fallen, a marble column with an eagle on its top and marble slabs bearing the names of the people who were killed in the battle field on its base was constructed. Next to it, there is a metal cross in memory of the German soldiers who lost their lives during the German invasion.
In the west of the settlement, passing through the imposing Mountains of Vrontou, we get to the fantastic Kikla Forest with the dominant magical beech trees, the beauty of which will leave you speechless, yet perfectly calm, as serenity is one of the most prized assets offered by the nature in our area!